Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Is There Anyone Listening?!

No, I don't mean you. My millions of blog readers can relax, I 'm not having a go at you. If I did then I daresay the West Coast Ramblings Blog Readers Association, or WCRBRA as it is more familiarly described, would send me emails of objection at my impertinence, casting aspersions at the good character of the dedicated blog reader etc. etc. No, I repeat, it is not you it is the Open University. What the fuck is going on! I've been faithfully logging on, day after weary day, hoping for some sign of life from the on-line tutorial group to which I am attached, and which is under the tutorship of one Dr. Matilda Clench. Now I'm not an expert on tutorial groups but you would think, would you not, that it would, at a minimum, resemble a group? Yes, no? This lot are so invisible that they resemble nothing so much as a bunch of terminally shy geeks, too backward to punch a few bland phrases onto the surface of their human-machine-interfaces, and then send them serverwards so that we can all marvel at the vacuous drivel they are only just capable of producing. I mean I do my best, I really do; trying to draw them out of their miserable shells, but, to no avail. As for Dr. Clench! I know this for a certainty; She's not getting anwhere near my haemorrhoids. If she was the last doctor in the world I wouldn't trust her to lance my boils. Three emails I've sent her and not one reply, not one! Well I've had it. I have taken action. A quick inquiry to the student support mob in Embra and they were right on to the staff tutor for the Arts Faculty. He immediately sent back an email reassuring me that he would look right into it. Decent sort of chap. That's what we need, more men about the place instead of all these wretched old women with hardening of the bloody arteries. Got to go now, the Colloseum awaits.

No comments: