Thursday, June 29, 2006

Paddling Like Fuck

I'll be seeing you soon. Don't think I'm giving up or anything. Work is overwhelming at the moment but it'll settle down and we'll be back to abnormal. I'm going back to the UK on Wednesday next and that is the end of my sojourn in old Dalmatia. I'm going to miss this place. It has captured a special place in my heart and ... well I'm going to miss it. I've had a great opportunity to meet a lot of nice people, get to know a special place and soak up a different culture. My only regret is that for a large part of it I could not share it with someone I love. There's a saying - a worry shared is a worry halved. I also think that a pleasure shared is a pleasure doubled, and if that is doubled twice it is quadrupled. Singular pleasure seeking often leaves one feeling empty.

So it was a particular pleasure for me to share a kayaking trip to Brač with a colleague. I'll try and give you some idea in a future post as to the distance covered but I'll tell you now. It was a fucking long way. But good, you know how good you can feel when you have really achieved something. That's how it felt.

No comments: