Monday, January 09, 2006

I Only Look Worried.


Where do I begin? TMA05 due in on Friday and not a fucking clue.

(a) "Discuss the relationship between individual freedom and social responsibility as represented in The Social Contract by Jean-Jacques Rousseau."

And that's only the half of it! The other part is:
(b) How far is it appropriate to bear the same concepts in mind when considering Jacques-Louis David's Brutus and Caspar Freidrich's Wanderer Above The Sea of Fog respectively?

I feel like a fucking wanderer above a sea of fog myself! I'll tell you how far it is appropriate, mate. Not very. But they don't want that, do they? No - you've got to waffle on for 600 words for part (a) and another 600 fuckers for part (b), checking the word count every two seconds while you circumlocute like Stephen Fry with a drink in him; till you don't what you've said but the verbiage count is spot on. And there it is, padded out with shite like 'the dichotomy presented to us has to be resolved by intellectual analysis' and 'when we consider, as consider we must, the metaphor within the metaphor'. Should be good for a bare pass. What more could we ask for?

6 comments:

bluefluff said...

ROFL!! I'm saying nowt ;-)

bluefluff said...

Finished yet?

mb said...

Any update on the new year resolutions?

how's the golf handicap coming along? (for me my golf is a handicap)

west coaster said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
west coaster said...

Well I'm getting there with the TMA. Give me peace! As for the golf, Croatia is a golfing desert. There is a club here with a five hole 'course' which is shared with a small group of sheep and goats. I'm actually a member, not of the sheep and goats group of course, of the golf club. No, my attack on my handicap will have to wait until the summer when I am back in Scotland. As for the rest of the resolutions - we're making progress.

Buggles Balham High Road said...

Why should Croatia be a golfing haven? It has much more to offer than golf?

Laughing at your attitudes to your TMAs! I always feel like you about them but too scared to let anyone out here know ;-)