Thursday, August 10, 2006

How To Be Good - Nick Hornby ...

... has an ending which seems to have intrigued more than a few people; in fact unsettled may be a better way of describing some people's reactions. Now I would like to explore this a little further, and I have been asked to but ... I'm afraid that, unlike in those halcyon days of a few month ago when I was living the ex-pat bachelor life in old Dalmatia, I am now chained to a desk for eight to ten hours of the day and when I get home of an evening it's all I can do to rouse myself occasionally from my armchair to tap a few words once a week into this blog. And in any case I've forgotten how the ending went so that's not much use. But I will re-read this book and try to shed some light on the author's purpose. Don't hold your breath though, I may take a while.

So that's where you come in. Have you read the book? How did you like it? Was the ending good for you? Did the earth move? Let me know and share with others, you'll enjoy the experience. And don't be shy of giving the ending away, who cares.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

help! please someone tell me wot the end means...