Saturday, April 22, 2006

Where were we ...


I had a quick trip home over the Easter weekend and now I'm back in sunny Dalmatia. The weather is distinctly summery and the riva never looked nicer than it did today. Last night there was a bit of a gathering in the Bar Libar just off the riva where the ex-pats of Split normally spend a drunken Friday night. Oddly enough (?) I was in the thick of it and when someone suggested we decamp to a night club I was up for that too. Big mistake, however when we arrived at the Tribu it was around two thirty in the morning and we were only there half an hour when they decided to close. Stephen then announced "No problem, I've got a bottle of Glenfiddich at home." I really should know better than to try and keep up with these youngsters but it's true what the say - There's no fool like an old fool.

The result of all that is that I have been feeling so crapulent all day. So I'm in no great mood to be creative. Anyway I just want you to know. Do you see that prominent peak in the picture, the pointy hill about a third of the way in from the right hand edge? I've climbed that. It's about the same height as Ben Nevis. I felt worse this morning than I felt the morning after I climbed that bugger. Now I'll have to get into some kind of shape for playing football tomorrow. It's a hard life trying to enjoy yourself sometimes.

1 comment:

Lilly said...

Hangovers are mean motherf**kers [excuse my language -- but I really do hate hangovers!].....apparently, it helps drinking a glass of milk before you go to bed. So I have been told. I have not tried it myself because those mornings when I wake up hungover, I've been too pished the night before to remember to try that trick! Let me know if you succeed next time you decide to get legless :-)