Thursday, December 29, 2005

Animals Kneeling???

Someone, you won't believe this but I swear it's true - someone found my blog by doing a Google search for, and I quote - "west country poem about animals kneeling"! Now I'm a liberal kind of bloke. I believe that there is room on this planet for almost all the various shades of wierdo that you would be likely to meet but; what kind of a sick mind would dream up a poem about animals kneeling! And what kind of a sick mind would want to read it. So I did a quick Google search myself and, my God I can't believe what I saw! These people need help, and it's not confined just to the sheep shaggers of Aberdeen. By the way, does anyone know the full text of this poem, out of curiosity?

Meanwhile - it's the time of year when we should all be planning our New Year's Resolutions. I want you all to think about this because that's what the next post will be about.

1 comment:

bluefluff said...

It's Thomas Hardy....

Christmas Eve, and twelve of the clock
Now they are all on their knees
An elder said as we sat in a flock
By the embers in hearthside ease.

We pictured the meek mild creatures where
They dwelt in their straw pen,
Nor did it occur to one of us there
To doubt they were kneeling then.

So fair a fancy few would weave
In these years! Yet, I feel,
If someone said on Christmas Eve
Come, see the oxen kneel!

In the lonely barton by yonder coomb
Our children used to know,
I should go with him in the gloom
Hoping it might be so.


Bet you're glad you didn't get that one for your TMA!!

Been catching up with your blog tonight... off to link you :-)