Sunday, August 07, 2011

I'm Back


It seems that I need to carry this on.  I have a need to record my way through life before I forget it all.  I'm just back from a very swift trip to Korea and while I was passing through Glasgow Airport I bought Any Human Heart by William Boyd.  It was an amazing read and by that I mean I read it almost without pause from Glasgow to Seoul, on the way to the hotel I was staying at overnight, in the hotel while I lay in bed, on the job I was attending, until it was all over.  I'll write more about it later when I have time to review my feelings for it.

Another book I have read recently is One Day by David Nicholls.
A lovely book about the enduring and sometimes quirky relationship between two people who meet a Edinburgh University in 1988, and then have what can only be called a love affair over the next twenty years.  More later.

No comments: