Saturday, December 02, 2006

I'm Back

I need to do this. I've had a good think and it seems to me that the thing I like to do is blog. I know it aligns me with all you deluded saddoes out there who think that the world is interested in your small, intricate lives but that's a price I'll have to pay to ensure that the world, the -- how shall I put it? -- the zeitgeist -- can share in my general wonderfulness.

So, I'm back. (Smiles beamingly down on the assembled hosts). At this particular moment, sitting in the quiet kitchen of my life, looking out over the townscape of my past, I don't have a lot to say. However that state of blank, idea-less, Homer-Simpson-esque mindless numty-ism has never deterred the vast majority of the blogging sphere - the so-to-speak blogosphere (that's clever, I think I'll copyright that) so it won't stop me now.

Anyway, what's it all about? I hear you say. Well it's not all about me. Of course some of me has crept in here from time to time and no bad thing. But I'd just like a wee change of direction. Nothing radical, just a gentle nudge on the tiller as old Ted Heath was likely to say. Maybe a bit less of the diary style and rather more reflections on life and the pursuit of happiness. Actually I don't know if you can successfully pursue happiness (there you are right there, a little reflection without hardly even trying!) because the more you pursue the more elusive it becomes. Happiness happens to you, comes to you, when you are not pursuing it. Once you know the secret of how to want what you have, you've cracked it.

1 comment:

kat said...

Deluded saddoes indeed! :-)
The world isn't interested but someone somewhere might be.