Tuesday, June 21, 2005

THE PERFECT HOUSE

That story, The Big Easy, was going nowhere. I am engaged now in a project to write a story based on pre-written lines. I am finding this difficult. I had an idea to write it as if the story was about writing the story. It idea seemed good in my head but I could not bring it out. Meanwhile I will post the following:


“Oh Jim, it’s perfect. Look at that view, I love it. I’ve always wanted a view of the river but I never thought we could afford it. You are so clever, I’m so lucky to have you for my husband. I’ve just met the downstairs neighbour. She’s so glamorous but she seems nice all the same. She’s coming up now with the key to the roof terrace. Oh that’s the bell, I’ll get it.”

“Jim, this is……”

“Hello Scarlet, I thought you were in New York”

“Hello Jim. I was for a while, after we …..”

“Laura. I’m sorry darling; I’d like you to meet Scarlet, my ex-fiancĂ©e.”

No comments: